This recipe is simple, super scrumptious and allergy friendly/adaptable. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free. You can make this recipe vegan by using an egg replacement (more power to ya)!
Enjoy…share…and let me know if you have any feedback!
I try not to overdo it, but sweets are my weakness and I love baking! I fell in love with baking when I was in my first couple of gluten-free years around 2014, also not too long after starting this blog. I would find bliss in every step, especially the photos and the anticipation of tasty results. Nowadays I don’t have as much leisure and I’m lucky if I can get one recipe post done a month, but I try because it’s a hobby and sharing that brings me joy. Follow your bliss right? 🙂
I really had a lot of fun making these. This is my first baking experiment since I’ve been back from a two month trip to India and Africa. I missed my friends and family so much and feel so grateful to be in their company, filling their bellies with yumminess. So many feel good moments. From touching the dough, to botching the test batch, there were plenty of smiles, laughs and conversation. I got to spend April 28th 2017 in the company of two of my closest friends Alexis and Andrew (who had yet to meet one another before this day). I feel happy.
These summer treats will take about 35 min total to produce and yields 16-18 schmedium (somewhere in between small and medium) sized scones.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1.5 cup blueberries
3 cups GF Pancake Flour Blend (Namaste Foods pancake flour blend)
1/ 2 cup Cane Sugar (Florida Crystals organic raw cane sugar)
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp salt
3 eggs or egg replacement (Freshfield Farms)
2/3 cup creamer (So Delicious vanilla coconut milk creamer)
5 tbs buttery flavor coconut oil (Organic Nutiva)
lemon drizzle ingredients:
1/2 cup confectioner sugar
1.5 tbs coconut creamer
1 lemon (lemon juice & lemon zest)
- Preheat oven to 415 deg F
- In a large bowl mix together your flour, sugar, baking soda and salt
- Make sure your blueberries are rinsed, dried and coated with a little flour (set aside)
- In a separate bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients except your butter/replacement (eggs, cream, & vanilla)
- Add 5 tbs of coconut oil butter to your flour mixture and mix/smush it into the flour until the texture resembles coarse crumbs (I used a fork)
- Now combine everything together in your large bowl and stir gently until you get a thick batter/dough and then add in your blueberries *try not to overwork the dough
- Once the blueberries are distributed evenly throughout the dough, pat your dough into a thick disc about 1inch high and 9 inches in diameter (you should have enough dough to make two discs)
- Cut your dough disc into 8 slices and transfer them like cake slices onto a baking sheet or parchment paper
- Bake 16-18 minutes, tops will have a a little light golden brown (whatever your preference is, do that)
- While these are baking, grab your lemon and make the drizzle. Grate the skin of the clean lemon (yellow part only) and add to confectioners sugar and squeeze half the lemon in it as well and mix until smooth. (you can put this in a ziploc bag and cut the corner of the bag to make a nice drizzle instrument)
- Take scones out of the oven, let them sit out a few minutes on a cooling rack or counter top. Pour lemon drizzle over those babies and enjoy!