Black beans (cooked/softened)
This was super fast and simple.
1. First boil the water for the quinoa (1 cup of quinoa for 1 and 1/4 cup of water) add quinoa to boiling water, cover,reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
2. Next hollow out the mushroom caps and rub them inside and out with olive oil then put them in the toaster oven on the grill setting for ten minutes at 300 deg
4. Crumble tofu with hands into a skillet with oil on medium-high heat (season to desire) and add in cooked black beans
5. Once the pepper onion garlic party is done (should be softer and brown on edges) then cook the grilled mushroom in the skillet with oil until they look juicy
6. Make mango salsa with diced mango, red bell pepper, a pinch of salt and cilantro
7. Start with the black bean tofu mixture. Spoon into the caps and smush smash the sautéed peppers n stuff on top of that. Top with mango salsa.
8. Serve with quinoa (I add a dash of cumin to my quinoa)
This recipe wasn’t really planned, it was more of a food lab surprise but it was yummy! (If you like spice, try adding your favorite hot sauce dropped in the center of the caps)